All volunteers must work four shifts to receive complimentary tickets.
This committee is responsible for assisting professional security personnel in the maintenance of security around the perimeter and inside the venue. Their goal is to make sure players and patrons have trouble-free enjoyment of the tournament.
They are responsible for granting access to certain areas, performing bag checks at all entrance points, protecting players on court, and assisting with overall security at the event.
- This volunteer position requires a minimum age of 21. A background check will be required prior to accepting the applicant for a position. The Security Applicant must be mature, alert and possess the ability to vocalize direction. Security will work in conjunction with the local police department and tournament operations.
- This position may require extended time periods in a standing position. Individuals who cannot tolerate summer temperatures and/or direct sun should not consider applying for this committee.
- This committee is also responsible for the security and monitoring of the radios and ear pieces. Duties include assigning radios to approved users and verifying inventory checked in at the end of the day.
The transportation driver is responsible for providing transportation to all players, coaches, VIPs and umpires. While the majority of the travel will be to and from the airport, they must be available to transport players and their families to and from the designated hotels and the tournament site as needed.
- Applicants for this committee must be 25 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and a good driving record. A personal background check and Department of Motor Vehicles driving record review will be conducted. Drivers should have good working knowledge of the area and routes to local airports and venues. Volunteers must possess the ability to remain professional at all times.
- Volunteers in this committee may be assigned shifts beginning Wednesday, July 17th.
Volunteers in this role communicate with the Player Liaison and other members of the tournament staff who coordinate flights and travel arrangements for the players, officials, etc. Their responsibility is to work with the drivers, airport greeters and other volunteers to make sure the players and coaches get to their assigned courts on a timely basis.
- Responsibility also includes checking on flights and communicating delays or schedule changes to tournament staff.
- Desk volunteers may be stationed at the tournament site or at the Georgia Tech hotel
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have the ability to shift priorities and multitask as needed. Candidates should be comfortable working in a high pressure environment and understand that there will be a high sense of urgency in any requests they receive.
Volunteers of this committee are the face of the tournament to the public.
- Patrons will be directed to Guest Services for information about the day’s draw and events, maps and general Atlantic Station and venue information. This location will serve as the location for the Lost and Found.
- Applicants for this position must be at least 21 years old, have prior experience in a customer service role, excellent communication skills and present a warm and friendly disposition.
- Candidates should enjoy helping the public, possess a good sense of direction and become familiar with the layout of the tournament venue. Time should be taken to review the daily draw and daily match recap prior to the start on the day.
The Volunteer Services area and staff are the main source of information for all committee volunteers.
- Volunteers assist with uniform and meal voucher distribution, volunteer comments, suggestions or complaints and act as the liaison to tournament staff. They oversee the volunteer check-in lounge, information and scheduling boards.
- Committee volunteers may be asked to substitute in another area as needed, depending on individual skill set and interest.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and communication skills and have the ability to multi-task. This is the ideal role for individuals who enjoy helping people. Familiarity with the tournament is helpful although training will be provided.
Ticket Collection volunteers are stationed at the main entrance to the stadium and grandstand courts.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, checking bag and purses for banned items, stamping hands, scanning tickets, facilitating an organized ticket validation process and managing crowd control.
- Training on bag search will be provided and volunteers will be assisted by qualified security personnel.
- Applicants for this role must be at least 18 years old and possess excellent customer service skills as well as patience and the ability to deal with large groups of people.
Ball persons play a very important role in the overall operation of each match. Their primary job is to retrieve balls when they are out of play.
- TRYOUTS: Monday, May 20, from 5:00-6:30 p.m., and Wednesday, May 22 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at the Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA in Buckhead, 1160 Moores Mill Rd, Atlanta, Ga. 30327.
- All ball persons must know how to keep score, move quickly, endure long matches in the sun and work well with others on a team.
- Must be mature, have good hand-eye coordination, and possess good citizenship.
- All first-year applicants must be able to attend a tryout session offered during the first two weekends of June to be considered for this position. (You must only attend ONE tryout session).
- Ball persons who worked the 2012 tournaments do not have to try out, but must apply.
- Must be 13 years old by July 20, 2013 (proof of age required) in order to participate.
- Must be available for the Qualifying weekend and well as the other days throughout the duration of the tournament. (July 20-28, 2013).
Volunteers are responsible for checking tickets and directing patrons to their designated seats. This committee works Stadium Court, Grandstand and practice courts.
- Ushers are also responsible for reporting any inappropriate behavior to Security and for summoning medical personnel as necessary.
- Ushers must be at least 18 years of age and able to work in sun and heat. Must be able to stand for long periods of time if needed.
Media volunteers work in the media office and throughout the site.
- Duties include: putting up scores around the site; promoting and selling tournament publications; handing out and posting orders of play, match statistics, press releases, gifts and other materials to media along with assorted clerical duties.
- Volunteers occasionally write stories and take photos for this website, tournament social media and other portals.
- Applicants are required to have media, writing, photography, website or other related experience, training or schooling. Applicants' minimum education requirement is a rising college sophomore.
- Volunteers are required to work at least four shifts. Please note that start and end times of shifts can vary due to rain delays, press conferences, etc., so personal schedule flexibility is encouraged.
Scorekeepers (FULL) --CLOSED
Volunteer Scorekeepers assist IDS (Information and Display Systems) using technology that records serve speed and placement and records stroke count.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age; applicants should possess a working knowledge of the game of tennis and have basic computer skills. Volunteers must be flexible and able to work longer than their assigned shift if the match to which they are assigned starts late or runs long.
- Attendance at a training session prior to Qualifying weekend is required.
Court Monitors (FULL) --CLOSED
Court Monitors assist the Chair Umpire in maintaining on-court supplies and monitoring the crowd for issues. They also communicate the progress of play and court needs via radio to the appropriate committee chairs.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age with good concentration and focus skills. Volunteers must have the flexibility to adjust shift times as matches may not run on schedule, due to rain delays or other player factors.